The best weights and dumbbell reviews of 2018
So you’ve decided to purchase some in home weights to put your workout into overdrive? Good. We like that. A solid weight set is important to workout in your off days, when you don’t want to hit the gym, or if you’re building that home gym. In either case, great. Weights or dumbbells are capable of helping you tone every part of your body, they come in different sizes and this review covers all from the budget consumer, to the one ready to start that new home gym, to a seasoned gym owner in search of a new set of weights. The importance of weightlifting has come to light recently in that lifting weights helps fight diseases like osteoporosis, can stave the onset of Alzheimers, and according to a study from Harvard University, will help you live longer and more healthy into your later years. I’ve always said that your body is the vehicle to your mind, so why not ride it out in style? Build your muscle mass, enhance your muscle stability, support your tendons and joints – depending on your chosen weight. Check out this review of the best at home gym sets, and weights for all consumers.
1.) Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells – 4000+ happy customers.
The bowflex SelectTech is the perfect starter weight set. Adjusts up to 52.5 pounds and can be kept in just a corner of the room, removing the clutter of a full set of weights. A great gift idea for anyone into health.
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Lets you rapidly switch from one exercise to the next
- Combines 15 sets of weights into one, using a unique dial system
- Eliminates the need for multiple dumbbells cluttering your workout space
- Two year warranty on weight plates and parts
- Includes 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 lb pairs of rubber coated hex dumbbells, a heavy duty XMark 3-tier dumbbell rack, measuring 3 ft high, 4 ft long, and 2 ft deep, and a free rubber mat
- Premium low odor rubber, fully knurled straight handle, secure press-fit and welded handle to secure dumbbell head to handle.
- Weight is accurate to within 3% for 25 lb and under, 2% for 30 lb and above
- Fully knurled straight handle with 28mm diameter from 5 to 20 lbs, and 34mm diameter handle for 25+ lbs. 34mm diameter adds comfort for heavy dumbbells, and full knurl offers superior grip versus semi-knurled “ergonomic” handles
If you like traditional weights but don’t need an entire set that will take too much space up, nor for a set that will break the bank, the CAP 150 lb weight set might be exactly what you’re looking for.
- Rubber coated cast iron dumbbell set with rack: 150 lbs + rack
- Steel handles with ergonomic grip
- Great for both upper body and lower body workouts
- Set includes: rack, pair of 5, 10, 15, 20 & 25 lb dumbbells
- Space saving a-frame dumbbell rack included
Lift hard, lift right. With the CAP Barbell Coated Hex Dumbbells Pair you’ll get such a smooth grip that all you have to focus on is your form. Constructed of solid cast iron with a semi-gloss finish to prevent rust, these coated dumbbells are made to last. You can choose your weight in five-pound increments from ten to forty pounds. Each dumbbell has contoured steel handles and an anti-tipping hexagonal design for an ultra-intense workout.
- Coating has no chemical smell unlike many rubber dumbbells
- Made of solid cast iron with a protective colorful coating
- Contoured chrome handles
- Hexagon shaped dumbbell heads are designed to prevent rolling and provide easier storage
- Sold as a pair
Lift hard, lift right. With the CAP Barbell Coated Hex Dumbbells Pair you’ll get such a smooth grip that all you have to focus on is your form. Constructed of solid cast iron with a semi-gloss finish to prevent rust, these coated dumbbells are made to last. You can choose your weight in five-pound increments from ten to forty pounds.
- Two 25 lb. adjustable dumbbells with storage trays
- Heavy-duty chrome plated steel construction
- Eliminates the need for multiple dumbbells
- Compact and easy to use design saves space and time
- Lift from 5 to 25 lbs
Although this product has a lower amount of reviews at around 20. They are all perfect 5’s and this is an absolute investment in your health. In a year and a half it pays for itself in terms of gym costs. This is the perfect way to start a home gym. The premium weight set goes up to 50lbs so you can track progression as you increase your weight. It comes with a lifetime warranty when bought through amazon, and even has a team of fitness experts to help you along. A great investment, and a great way to get in shape without having to go to the gym all the time, do it all from home!